Thursday, April 23, 2009

interlocking chair, anyone? (AKA I am a slacker)

I'm officially the worst guest blogger in the world. I should have known better than to volunteer to post just as my projects start piling up at school!
Well, hey, at least I have something to show for it. I know this isn't related to Made for Cache directly, or to my handmade bag business, but I thought I'd show it just for fun. After all, it is related to being creative :)



I designed this chair for one of my interior design classes using 3D modeling software. Then I had the kind folks from Country Lazer (out in Beaver Dam, Utah) cut the 29 interlocking pieces for me out of wood. The result is a completely interlocking chair that has no fasteners, hardware, or glue. After I made it in wood, I wish I had done it in clear acrylic. Oh well! (PS, the chair is model sized, just about right for a Barbie to sit in). I'll post more photos shortly on my blog in case you're interested.


Anyone have a suggestion for a name for the chair?

Hope you all are hard at work on the next team challenge -- creating something related to Cache Valley. My brain is still stuck on cheese, but I think something geared towards the mountains will be emerging soon as an applique or a stitched design on one of my bags. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

2 comments:

Hilary said...

This is sooo cool! You were right, they must have a great program up there.

Geez, I can't really think of a better name than "interlocking chair". I'll ponder on it...

Blaire said...

Could have fooled me. The pics make it look like it's full sized, especially with the little cushion on it.

I really wanted to try it out too :)