Friday, March 6, 2009

Plain English Please

After our first meeting, I think some of us were left thinking, "Twitter? Tweet? What is that?" or "Whoa, whoa, whoa, go back to what a blog is." or "Why do we even need to know what this stuff is, let alone sign up for it?"

Well, Common Craft is a company that creates videos to help make things more clear. Sometimes things get too complex and you need a demonstration...I know that because I'm a visual learner I need to see pictures. And sometimes I don't get a certain concept, but if you explain it to me like it's ice cream, then it makes sense.

Here's what I mean. This one is Social Media in Plain English.



Blogs



Social Networking-Facebook, Myspace, LinkedIn, etc.




Twitter



I hope these have helped you. I know I am no pro at figuring this stuff out, let alone explaining it to others, so I'm glad there's videos out there like this. Once we figure how what/where/why these things are, we can use them as tools as we market our businesses to the world.

See you all Wednesday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another great place to read about Twitter is:
http://www.adventcreative.com/best-twitter-advice-ever
It may all sound overwhelming at first, but it's fun and can help promote and brand you and your products.
Good Luck!